Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Essential List #24. Shorts (2)

The next item on my list of essentials is SHORTS. Yes, summer is over. It's already turning to Fall colors around my neighborhood. But, Fall is the perfect time to wear shorts...with tights! :D Shorts...I cringe at the thought. I have really ugly legs, so I don't like wearing shorts. That's why I enjoy the Fall, I can wear shorts and cover my legs in tights.
The stylish shorts right now are high waisted, with/without pleats. (If you are trying to conceal some tummy fluff, do NOT wear pleated shorts). You can wear them cuffed or not. Getting fabrics that are thicker will help with you Fall look, and patterned in Fall colors such as Houndstooth, Plaid, Checks, etc. What's a good length in shorts? Use the "diamond" trick(stand with your feet together, then slightly point your toes out into (10 and 2 o'clock positions) and check out the diamond shapes between your legs, any where there are gaps are a good place for your hem to fall, any where your legs touch are a bad spot for your hem to fall). Also, you want to look classy not tacky, so keep your hem lines longer...it's cute and retro-popular too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and take time and consideration to read each one!