Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mini-Bible Study on Beauty

One of the most beautiful displays in a person is humility. Reading that Jesus was humble helps us envision Him as beautiful, doesn't it? With scars and all. 

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.



 I read a interesting verse in Job 40:10, "Then adorn yourself [with] majesty and splendor, And array yourself with glory and beauty."

The context behind this was that the Lord was answering Job; after Job tried to "rebuke" God. If you can read the whole chapter, do it. It's pretty awesome.

So, God's saying (my paraphrase version), "Job, you think you can be me; you think you can preform like me? Ok, check it: Make yourself clothed in majesty and splendor, show off your glory and beauty."


Do you feel like sometimes you want to show off YOUR glory and beauty? I know I do. It's a big struggle for me to want to be noticed. But what does God say our role is? And the role He chose to take while on earth:


Jam 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

 Humility = Beauty...shine for Jesus, like He shined for us!!!

Mariah

1 comment:

Heather said...

Clothing ourselves with humility is an awesome thing to which we should all aspire. Imagine how much more beautiful this world would be if we did...

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and take time and consideration to read each one!