Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Looks to COVER A BELLY

Dressing your body type this spring if you gain most weight in your belly:

*All pictures are taken from The Limited.
I can not stress enough this style outfit:

Flowy or Dolman Sleeve Top with longer (even longer) shorts. Keep the shorts non-bulky, esp. if you are curvy on the bottom too, non-bulky meaning no cargo pockets, or frilly ribbons/buttons/etc. Here are another pair of shorts that would work:

Here are some more shirts that would be right for this body type:

*Shirts should just skim the body.
 Stripes are SO in, and if they are thin, like these, they will NOT make you look fat!White denim is also in, as seen in lots of these photos.

For pants, go with pants that have a higher waist to suck in the tummy, make sure the waist fits the best, and bring pants to tailor, if needed, to fix the rest.

Now for accessories, this body type needs something, like a long necklace to help the focus stay away from mid-section and to pull in a nice long vertical line, that helps a person appear leaner and taller.


For a dress, stick with something with a fun print, in your DCC colors, prints help minimize the tummy area, also go for an empire waist, or just a lose, skimming dress. NEVER use a belt, or any embellishments, ruffles, pleats, etc on your tummy area.(don't forget to wear a "sucker-inner", i.e. spanx)



This white one could work, if the draw string was low enough, and the top lose enough. The necklace gives it a real kick!

Don't forget to add in some spring colors, that look the best on YOU.



Life Happens, Mariah

4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

These were fun!! And SO me! I like my things to be a little lose and gliding over that belly lol!! I also LOVE my spanx lol!!
Courtney

Clare@peak313 said...

I love the Limited!
I think you need to add pictures of YOU in clothes once a week! Do it!!! :)

Clare

Mariah said...

@ Clare, you are SO right...I'll try to get some up! :)

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and take time and consideration to read each one!