Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Looks for the HOURGLASS figure!

Well, I had a suggestion from Clare@peak313 to put up some pics of myself. So, I'm using this last section of SPRING LOOKS, which happens to be my body type, at the moment, to show you some of my wardrobe!

An X body type, hourglass figure, has the biggest trouble with either dressing too sexy or too sloppy. I've noticed that for myself. Although this body type is considered ideal, I have my fair share of problem areas on my body, and insecurities too.

Some good things to remember for an X body type are:
1. belts are CUTE-wear them!
2.You can wear shirts tucked in well
3.Wearing high-rise pants are adorable.

Play it up now, because our bodies can easily change into a having a belly or larger bottom...so watch out for that too, it sneaks up easily!

Also, my husband agreed to take photos off his phone, while he got to play with different effects. I'm hardly wearing make-up, totally white, no lotion, and having a bad hair day, but with 3 little ones, I just didn't think it'd be possible to try and do this another day; nap time rocks!

Here are some random, fun pictures of some outfits I have, it's still winter weather where I live, so I don't get to wear most of these, but some day soon...:)

 
Cropped Sweatshirt($7 Kohls) with a tank($2 Old Navy, last year sale) and wide leg jeans($6 thrift store), converse shoes($20 famous footwear). *Casual*


 Denim shirt($3 thrift store), Gap shorts $12, Wedge heels (free Kohls with Kohls Cash from Safeway), Hawaiian Necklace (free gift from a friend at his luau) *casual*


Tank ($2 Old Navy), Skirt ($3 thrift store), Wedge heels (above), earrings, made from 2 pairs that were given to me. *casual*

Shorts (cut and rolled from a ripped fav. pair of Lucky jeans...orig. $27 from Ross, lasted about 4 years, now wearing as shorts), Shirt ($2 thrift store), Necklace ($6 consignment shop), Wedge heels ^
 *casual*
Dress ($25 Ross), Sweater ($9 Kohls), Wedge Heels(free) *dressy casual*

Same as picture above, shoes are from last summer, and dirty on the bottom, sorry. :)

This is actually an outfit my husband LOVES and we put it together for the cruise we are taking.
Pants($40 Victoriassecret.com) and Sweater ($9 Kohls) *CRUISE*

Same...cool phone effects!

Sweater ($9 Kohls), Pants ($40 Vicoriassecret.com), Shoes(AWESOME-$33 Ross) *Cruise*

Dress ($7 Ross), Shoes($33 Ross), Earrings (gift from mom) *Date night*

My fav. skirt ($26 Gap), Tank top ($2 Old Navy), Sandals ($14 Ross), Ring(gift from mom) *casual*

Top($3 thrift store), Jeans($6 thrift store), Sandals ($14 Ross), Ring($6 Forever 21) *casual*

Dress($7 Ross), Shoes ($33 Ross), Ring ($6 Forever21), Necklace(< $10 forever21) *Date Night*

And there you have it, a variety of cruise, spring/summer, casual and dressy mix. :)

3 comments:

Clare@peak313 said...

I love it! Glad you posted pictures. You look great and cute outfits!!!!

Clare

Melanie said...

I haven't been by in a while. I'm an X too. A petite X (5' 2 1/2" tall).
Also, I am doing "31 Days Closer to a Cuter You!" series. Today I posted on body types.
If you are interested in guest posting during my series (month of March), let me know.

Melanie said...

I meant "month of MAY."

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and take time and consideration to read each one!