Thursday, August 26, 2010

Best Beauty Tip ever!

My best beauty tip ever is not an outward beauty kind, but it does effect it.


This Picture is when I was 16.

When I was in high school, I fell in love...yes, with a boy, but not at first. At first I fell in love with Jesus. He was my everything, still is, although, sometimes more on the back burner than I want to admit.  I read the Bible and studied it on my own all the time, it became my favorite thing to do. People would tell me continually that I was "glowing". Christians would say glow, other people would just say something in the "beautiful" category. Now, I'm not the most attractive person, so any kind of comment in this department has to come from a girl totally buzzin-a-glow off the presence of God. That's my beauty secret! Of course, I don't try and hang-out with God to be beautiful. It's just a natural thing that happens when you do hang out with Him. To have a calm, peaceful, loving, secure, welcoming presence about you is SO attractive. ONLY Jesus can give you that. It's impossible to be that way without Him, at least for me it is. I'm a basket case, really grumpy, selfish and ugly when I'm not loving God first and hanging out with Him all day. I don't ever want to claim or seem I have it all together, because I most certainly don't! Jesus NEVER ceases to amaze me though, when I give over my day to what He wants to do. That's the only time I glow...:) it is really beautiful!

7 comments:

joyfilled said...

Gosh, I love this post too! :) What a wonderful little testimony. Thank you for this!! Just what I needed today!!!

Shari Braendel said...

hey girlie! good job over here on your blog! Keep up the good stuff...you're quite the fashionista!!!! love ya lots...Shari

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

What a sweet post - yes, we Christian women should glow with the joy of Lord! There's nothing prettier than a genuine smile. Keep Walking with the King!
Courtney

Becky T said...

good testimony!
Becky

southofthefork said...

What a great post. Thank you for sharing! There is no doubt we glow when we are close to Him.

humblywritten said...

Great post! I totally agree!

Sharon said...

I love this! Thank-you so much for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and take time and consideration to read each one!